PRIVACY & DISCLOSURE POLICIES
Teaching Exceptional Thinkers is a place for teacher collaboration, professional development and useful resources, tips and tricks from my home away from home to yours. It is a positive place for teachers and educators to find the resources they need to grow professionally. Our website address is: teachingexceptionalthinkers.com.
All text, images and content on this website are copyright and must not be used without permission. Stealing will not be tolerated.
Teaching Exceptional Thinkers takes your privacy seriously and will never share or sell your personal information or email address. You receive emails from Teaching Exceptional Thinkers only after you have given your explicit consent through a opt-in form with a checkbox that you must click before opting in OR in some cases there may be a double opt-in process (by clicking a confirmation email) after you ask to sign up for the email list. You may opt-out of this email list at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
Teaching Exceptional Thinkers is fully compliant with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) as of May 22, 2018. We use Mailerlite as our email software provider and Siteground as a website host, all of which are fully GDPR compliant companies.
As a user of this site, you have the following rights:
The Right To Information & The Right To Access:
The Right To Object & The Right To Withdraw Consent:
You may unsubscribe from our email list at any time, for any reason, after you have given your consent to be on our list. Your data will be retained by Teaching Exceptional Thinkers for the entire duration of which you choose to remain on our email list.
The Right To Erasure (also known as “The Right To Be Forgotten”):
You may unsubscribe from Teaching Exceptional Thinkers’ email list at any time, by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you have received from us.
The Right To Rectification:
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to do so.
Additionally, the website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the website. Third-party service providers’ use of your personal information are dictated by their respective privacy policies.
Specifically for analytics providers, we use Google Analytics Google Analytics which is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Information Collected Automatically
- Log & Device data. When you visit our site, we may automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site. This log data may include your web address you came from or are going to, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Provide our Products and Services. We will use your information to provide our products and services to you.
- Understand and improve our products. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products.
- Communicate with you.
- We may send you emails about new product features or other news about us or on topics relevant to products or services you purchased or that you opted in to receive. You may opt out of these at any time. Visit the Your Choices section below.
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
- Ensure security on our website against spam.
Teaching Exceptional Thinkers is a participant in the Amazon.com Inc. Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This means that if you decide to purchase something via a link originating from my website, I may receive a small commission for the product(s) you purchase, at no additional cost to you.
- This blog is a source of income, which helps me offset the costs of maintaining this website and make an income for the free resources I provide. This means I may sell products and/or promote products other businesses sell.
- I will only promote products I have personally used and feel will be beneficial to my readers.
- I would never compromise this integrity to make a profit.
- You can trust me! I am always happy to answer any questions you have at Lori@thekfiles.com.
When commenting on my blog, site, or social media pages, please be courteous! Teaching Exceptional Thinkers is a positive place for teachers and educators to learn together. So, please leave helpful, constructive comments. Discriminatory, hateful, profane or otherwise inappropriate comments will not be tolerated. Teaching Exceptional Thinkers reserves the right to delete these comments without notice. When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
I am always happy to hear from you. If you have questions, please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These policies were last updated on March 23, 2019. Any changes or amendments to these policies will be updated here.